Will these components work for me!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me78

Solid State Member
First time builder here and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions or recommendations. My spending limit is around $1,500 for my next computer. I use mine for gaming, listening/burning music, general web surfing, and some Word programs. Here is my list, I would greatly appreciate any info. Thanks.

Lian Li pc7 black mid tower case
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo
AMD athlon64 3700+ sandiego 1ghz fsb
ZALMAN CNPS7000B heatsink fan
ENERMAX All in One Noisetaker Series 600watt psu
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 2 gig total
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120gig
evga 7800gt 256mb ram pci X16
artic cooling silencer rev.3
Lite-On cd rom/dvd rom 16x dvd rom/52x32x52 cd rom
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

I also need some recommendations on a decent ethernet card. Nothing fancy, just want it to get the job done. Thanks for any info.

Well, your setup looks pretty good, minus the Asus board. They just don't do AMD justice. Besides, customer service blows. I recommend my motherboard, the MSI K8N Neo4-F. Otherwise, that's a strong build. Also, your LAN card is integrated into the motherboard.

Ryan

nice setup, i would just recommend a dvd-rw burner instead of the dvd/cd-rw. this way, you can burn more data to a disc and movies.

my opinion - get rid of the sound card. its not necessary, onboard sound will work just fine.

Will you be overclocking this comp? If you are then get a DFI lanparty ultra-d, zalman 9500 HSF or Scythe Ninja or TT bigtyphoon, and some OCZ or G.skill or overclocking RAM.
The case is very sturdy , but Lian Li's are expensive and look kinda plain. Unless you plan on abusing your computer, you could go with a cheaper case and be fine and use the money towards something else.

Thanks for all the helpfull info guys, I appreciate it. But FightinIrish, why do you say Asus doesn't do AMD justice? I was just wondering if you had some info on that subject, I probably just need to do some more research. Talldude, I was thinking about that soundcard situation even in the beginning and I think your probably right. That should save me about $50. And Vybuni, I do plan to overclock it but I don't know how much. But the reason for the Lian Li case is that it is the absolute only computer case I could find with the setup I wanted and still be able to customize it myself. I plan on cutting a whole in the side of the superman emblem and putting a designed window in there. Just a little something else for me to personalize ya know. I would greatly appreciate any more light you guys could shed on the subject, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom