Upgrading my new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
I build my PC a few weeks ago and have been adding small tweaks here and there.

For sound I found a nice one and I think it even allows for MIDI recording (not sure if I would use that). What is the true advantage of going to a good sound card over integrated sound. Surely you wouldn't noticed listen to MP3s. Would you notice playing games, watching movies? I already have a old but great speaker system and I can only get sound out of two speakers due to integrated sound
reative Sound.

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102188

My second concern is heat I've decided to leave the stock fans in as well as my CPU cooler but there is a 120mm port on the front of the case for an intake fan. there is also a "reactangular" slot on the back for a fan of sorts but I never saw a rectangular fan.

How can I be assure the front 120mm fan I get is an intake fan
how can I be sure that I get the correct "rectangular" exhuast fan

I don't think you need a sound card that expensive. Cards like that are for stuff like professional recording and stuff like that, you probably would notice a bit of a difference in sound what with having more than 2 speakers working but you can get a card a little less expensive. For your second question I don't exactly follow.

That's a VERY good soundcard, I'd definately say go for it if you have the money. You will notice significant differences in movies and games, and I'm pretty darn sure it actually would increase sound quality in MP3's, my old integrated was horrible compared to my better, but still not the best Soundblaster Live card.

11-156-180-05.jpg

The "rectanglular fan"

That only leaves me with the front intake fan how can one tell if it's a 120mm. I nearly bought an exhuast only fan (cannot mount backwards) a few days ago.

As for the sound card I'll be getting a cheaper model.

The "rectangle" fan isnt for a fan, most cases have that, its just there for free airflow, and going. Random holes :confused: i dunno but its not a fan slot

Actually, yes it is. Its used for PCI fans. Fans that go into a PCI slot and blow air through those holes.

Not a fan "slot" but nonetheless used for fans.

Ah, okay. I just noticed the one above it was a fan also, without adknowledging the one by the expansion slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom