computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

firpecmox

Beta member
i just got 1gig of ram and after i installed it i turned my computer on and nothing came up on the screen. i know its not the video card or the monitor because if i press ctrl + alt + del it does reboot and when i press the power button when it first turns on it doesnt turn off i have to hold it down. usuall if i hit the power button it turns off immediatly. ummm i put the original ram back in it (didnt work), reset the bios (didnt work) put the new ram in first put the old one in after it (ram is 512 mb) didnt work, tried cold booting it (didnt work). ive racked my brain about it and i cant think of anything else.

i unplugged the power cable, took the battery out, and pushed the power button to get all the extra power outta the system

you then need to leave it for 5 mins or so, before replacing the battery.

my guess is you have knocked something, like the graphics card, while installing the RAM. I would check that everything is seated properly.

Well i did everything u said. i also replaced the video card with another and it still didnt work. i also tried another monitor in my room and it says "PLEASE CHECK SIGNAL CABLE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom