newb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLeVeN_11

Baseband Member
if i just change my mother board and CPU...will i still have everything on my comp that i have on it now..im useing the same mem but just changing the CPU and motherboard.

Everything on your PC is stored on your Hard Drive. You might have to do a repair (deletes everything in your My Documents folder, so save that somewhere else. Doesn't delete anything else.) since you're changing the mobo and CPU, but other than that you should be fine.

Hes talking about all his files on his PC.

You will still have your files and everything but, you may have som issues, and instability with windows due to the new hardware. I would recommend backing up all your important files before you install your mobo and CPU, then do a fresh install of windows, just to make sure you dont run into any problems.

I agree. There's no reason to NOT back up the files you want to save. Always error on the side of caution. Then do a fresh install.

Ryan

I agree also you shouldn't have any problems, but as a good rule to always follow when ever you decide to do any pretty extreme changes always backup and never think twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom