Opinions on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
No, but I CAN say that this is one of the few Forums that thinks that XFX is bad. OC Forums, XtremeSystems, [H]ardForums, and Anandtech Forums think that XFX is a fine brand. This is a VERY VERY minor Forum with about 100 active members.

Someone, LONG ago, had a problem with an XFX card. That ONE card gave XFX s bad reputation. Since that little problem, the XFX name has been morphed into the "crappiest maker with which you'll always hae problems." Well, the face is that even PNY (the REAL bad brand) has a 5% failure rate. That means that one in 20 cards will fail. I like 95%. Just because one person had a problem doesn't mean that its the same for the rest of thr 19 cards.

Tell me this. If you had 40 people in a room with the same XFX card, and one of them failed, would you say that the brand sucked, even though the rest of the 39 cards were running perfectly?

Yea thanks for this info I was about to think XFX was a bad brand even though I wondered why lots of people who actually know a lot about hardware have an XFX card.

No problem, its all about human psychology. People on this Forum tend to spout out what they've heard somewhere else so one needs to come and set the facts straight once in a while.

Just as a little tidbit, eVGA is so reliable that if you had 100 people in a room with the same card, only one would fail :)

ok i have ended up with this,
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939)
Disk drive: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 160GB 6V160E0 SATA-II 8MB
Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLi SE nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express
Graphics card: Leadtek GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 VIVO
Memory: Corsair 2GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS3.0 Kit
CD/DVD: Sony CRX320E 52x32x52x16 CDRW/DVD Combi Drive
Monitor: Acer AL1916W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor
Case: XG gaming case Blitz Ninja Blue
Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Ultra-X Keyboard and mouse
Floppy disk: OcUK Value Floppy Drive - Silver
PSU: Fortron 400W Version 2.0
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE

BTW i was reading and i might of misread that the Leadtek GeForce 7800GT 256MB can only run at a certain resolution. will it work on the monitor in going to get (1440 x 900 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom