Opinions on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
TF is going to the dogs...we need more smart people on here to balance out the stupid people.

weringo said:
As for XFX, it is probably the worst video card company around.

chevytrucknut said:
for a long time...

Don't talk about what you don't know. Just because you hear crap on a Forum doesn't make it true. Tech-Forums believes that XFX is bad, but hardly anyone on here has ever had an XFX card. Now PNY...thats another story.

MrZucchiniHead said:

Do you even read what you post? First of all, read the title of that topic; The Need To Invest In 2 GB Of RAM Is Not Marketing Hype. And as if that wasn't enough;
battlefield_2_game_experience.gif

So yea, 2GB RAM Does help.

Now that we got that cleared up, back on-topic.

First of all, nice choice on that monitor. You'll love it, they're some of the best ones out there. Next, no one seemed to notice that you're getting Windows XP 64-bit. Plain and Simple; Don't. There are too many problems with it right now, and hardly any hardware seems to work with it (because there are very few drivers for it).

I agree with Ste that you need a aftermarket Power Supply. I've personally had freezing problems with a bad PSU that came with a case. Even a $30 400W Forton PSU (The one I have, excellent) will be better than the one you have right now. The real thing that matters in a Power Supply is how many Amps it can offer. A 500W PSU might put out 25A while a 400W PSU (my Forton ;) ) puts out 35A. So actually, the 400W is more reliable as well as more pwoerful than the 500W. Go figure.

Everything else looks good. Stick with Leadtek. Its not exactly an attractive card, but its very reliable and with overclocking second to none with it's huge cooler.

I admit I have never owned an XFX card but I have heard many reports and read a few reviews that the cards they make die very quick. Can you say you have tried every video card brand?

No, but I CAN say that this is one of the few Forums that thinks that XFX is bad. OC Forums, XtremeSystems, [H]ardForums, and Anandtech Forums think that XFX is a fine brand. This is a VERY VERY minor Forum with about 100 active members.

Someone, LONG ago, had a problem with an XFX card. That ONE card gave XFX s bad reputation. Since that little problem, the XFX name has been morphed into the "crappiest maker with which you'll always have problems." Well, the fact is that even PNY (the REAL bad brand) has a 5% failure rate. That means that one in 20 cards will fail. I like 95%. Just because one person had a problem doesn't mean that its the same for the rest of thr 19 cards.

Tell me this. If you had 40 people in a room with the same XFX card, and one of them failed, would you say that the brand sucked, even though the rest of the 39 cards were running perfectly?

Don't even consider the X850XT, it is nothing compared to the 7800GT. The entire X800 series was a complete failure on ATI's part. If you want an ATI card thats comparable to the 7800GT, the X1800XL will be, but even still I would recommend the 7800GT.

ok thanks,
so the X850XT isnt that good? Back to the PSU, flanker whats your psu name and make? And back to Ram, could you name me 2gb ram that is cheap, i found some corsair for £100 thats a good deal but i am on budget.

say i get 2 of the leadtek graphics cards whats the differnce compared to just one? Could you tell me whats the difference in stupid guy terms!

Also what is overclocking????

ok thanks,
so the X850XT isnt that good? Back to the PSU, flanker whats your psu name and make? And back to Ram, could you name me 2gb ram that is cheap, i found some corsair for £100 thats a good deal but i am on budget.
say i get 2 of the leadtek graphics cards whats the differnce compared to just one? Could you tell me whats the difference in stupid guy terms!

Also what is overclocking????

Yes, don't get the X850XT. Its old generation and isn't capable of doing some of the things games do today. As for your PSU, get a Fortron Source brand PSU, they are known as some of the best PSU's around. Also, if you won't be overclocking, Corsair or OCZ value RAM will be the best way to go. If you will be overclocking you need to spend a bit more on RAM.

ok thanks beedubaya,
as for my case fans, it comes with a 120mm front fan is that enough??? I can add up to four more 80mm back fans if needed

My PSU. Love it. There are many other good brands like OCZ, Antec, PCP&C, and many others that I can't remember because I just woke up, but Forton is definately up there, and I trust this PSU with my [PC's] life.

Yea, if you're overclocking then you'll need to spend maybe $250 on 2GB overclocking memory. If not, then you can get Value RAM, which is only different from better memory in that it doesn't overclock (the wuality is the same). ValueRAM costs $150 for 2GB, quite a deal considering some of the better overclocking memory costs $150 for 1GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom