compaq... and overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i'm not really too sure i can overclock, so i guess i'll ask... i just ordered my 6800 gs, and i'm really interested in overclocking it... not dramatically of course... just wondering if its possible with my compaq....

the program was rtuner?

rivatuner is the program you're talking about. Since video card overclocking is done in windows, you're able to do it, despite the pre-builtness of the machine. Good luck and happy overclocking.

Ryan

will the power supply handle it????? compaq and dell really try to get the cheapest poer supplies they can that barely handle the system they are built for.. what's the wattage on yours?

and ocing it will put even more strain on the PWS

Personally I would reccomend CoolBits 2.0 instead of Rivatuner. It simply adds a clock frequency to your Nvidia options instead of installing a whole new app like Rivatuner.

ya.. i saw that cool bits.. and i called up compaq and they told me it was a 350 watt psu.. and my psu isnt really powering too much... that graphics card would basically be taking everything from it -_- ... and even if that does fail, i got a 450 watt just in case

if the 450 fails.. then i must buy yet another psu... but i was planning to buy one anyway... 650 fortron... heard those have really long psu cords, which i need for my huge 24 inch case....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom