$300

Status
Not open for further replies.
albinoblackbear said:
My other specs will be an AMD Athlon 3200+, 1 gig CORSAIR value select RAM, and havent picked out a motherboard, case, or PSU yet. I have $135 for a psu, case, and motherboard. Is that enough?

LOL

If you want a SLI mobo, your gonna need 200 for that alone, and then 125 for a case and psu.

Well, a good fortron PSU will be 50 bucks at the most. Never EVER use the PSU that comes with a case. That leaves you with 75 dollars to pick out a case. DO NOT get a case that you really don't like that much just because it is cheap.

SLI is up to you. We here at TF don't think it is worth it, because the mobos are more expensive and even if you add another videocard it doesn't add enough performance. Even if you don't get a SLI mobo, you will need at least 125 for the mobo alone.

mobos with SLI arent that expensive compared to thier non-SLI counterparts (like $30 more)

i got a gigabyte SLI and its awsome!

I just want a mobo that will work!! I will rarely open the computer up, I'll probably just learn to overclock my processor, then after that, I'll just be playing games, surfing the internet, that kind of stuff.

you're gonna need way more than that for a decent CPU alone, then add in the motherboard and PSU...no way. I'd save up for a while

Go for the MSI K8N NEO4-F

the N517-AX
corsair valueselect
and the 3200+

and make sure you get a good psu. Fortron 450W power supply 50 dollars, or the antec truepower for 90 dollars

I was going to buy a new monitor, but I can just use my old one. I have 535 to buy everything but the 7800gt. What do you think?

Ultra-D isn't sli. SLI-D is SLi. The Ultra-D has like dual xpress graphics or something, it slike having 4 monitors run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom