USB flash memory stick not recognized!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adem

Baseband Member
Greetings.
There is a problem with my USB flash memory stick, when i plug it windows is recognizeing it (found new hardware, it is installed and ready to used) but nothing apeares in MyComputer (no icon).
I thaught let me format it with a partitioning tool Partition Magic 8.0 but i get error 100, bad partition.
Any idea?
Thanks

what is the USB drive made by? have you had problems with it before?

i would try another port, maybe in the back of the PC

i dont realy know beacouse the name is erased and i can see only a name hunix on the chip

1) Right click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop> select MANAGE.

2)Select Disk management from the list on the left hand part of new window.

3) Find your device listed on the right side.

4) Try creating a partition if none exists and then format with FAT. If a partition already exists you can try deleting it and recreating&formatting it.

Here is a neat trick I learned from my work @ Napster, all you need is WMP 10 (as long as your PC is recognising it, which you said it is). Plug in the storage device then open WMP hit the sync tab like you were going to trans. music to it and on the top right side of that tab you'll see your Mass Storage Device (could be manf. name) then a row of 4 icons the last icon looks kinda like a check mark being erased. Hit that to format device and you should be all set.

TYhanks for your reply, but by sayng that windows recognie it i mean i have a icon of remuvable storage in tray bar but no icon on my computer.
disk management tool is not recogniing it.

Ive been seeing that people have had a lot of issues with this brand. They said they bought a newer one and had no problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom