Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
I need some help with speedfan. It says:

Temp1- 19c
Temp2- 36c
Temp3- 29c
HD0- 27c

I'm assuming Temp 2 is the processor, because it is the highest, and HD0 is teh HDD. What are the other 2? One is probably the Mobo temp, and the other is my GPU, but how can I tell which is which? Also, doesn't 27c seem kinda hot for a hard drive?

Speedfan is most likely the issue as it is quite possibly the worst and least accurate system diagnostic tool availible...you want to use the bios to cross reference temperatures to make sure they're accurate if using 3rd party software if anything

Hard drive temperature rarely becomes an issue especially so long as you have decent cross venting...ideally a fan blowing over drives isn't a bad idea but is not neccesary but a hard has a fairly high thermal threshold and can probably be all right up to 45C although obviously for failure prevention the lower the better

Perhaps next time you can show a bit of patience and wait longer than an hour and half before getting fed up...considering people voluntarily post on this site out of their own free time the least you could do is give them a shred up respect

Temp 1 is probably the system/motherboard/case temperature. That's what it is in mine. Dunno what Temp 3 is. For me, Temp 3 is always 128C, obviously a glitch.

gaara, I didn't know that speedfan was inaccurate. Could you suggest an accurate program?

Hmm MBM5 doesn't support my motherboard (I have an obscure MSI microATX), but I've got EVEREST. It looks like Speedfan is on the money; the only places I see discrepancies from EVEREST are in the GPU core and GPU ambient temperatures. And EVEREST differs from coolbits for the GPU core. So at least I can depend on Speedfan for CPU, case, and HDD temps. I don't really care what my GPU temps are anyway since they'll probably never overheat.

31C in nout for a HDD. mine idles at 55ish, and on large backup jobs has been known to hit 67C

I dont know how well it really works, but i use NVmonitor. I used Speedfan for alittle while and i got inaccurate temps. But then again i have also heard that the opteron series dont give correct temps with DFIs. Im not really sure but it says 38C almost all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom