Rebooting Prob...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke2

Banned
Hi To ALL

Right when I turn it on , it boots up the windows profesional screen - That takes about 1m15s and then right before it goes o desktop it restarts...and shows it "The blue screen" (Memory Dump) for like a second...
So that's basically the problem...
But when I try to boot up in safe mode - That WORKS !
I did install some software yesterday - It was TweakBox XP (I think) and Motherboard Monitor...But I already uninstall those in safe mode and it keeps rebooting...I switched the memory sticks in their slots...I checked all the connections and it seems that there is no problem with that...

I just install a fresh windows last week and I have some important data on the drives that I CANNOT lose... :eek:

HELP NEEDED !

IF you have an additional spare HD, i would load windows xp onto it, temporarily, and then transfer your files to a cd-r or hard drive from the old HD thats crashing, and then reformat the broken hard drive, and transfer the files.

Its really important to have a backup, spare hard drive, just in case this happens (my spare is 6.4 GB)

well if you can get into safe mode, then transfer the files to CD-R from there, and reformat...

also, you could check for spyware and viruses, that may save time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom