So Much Lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmiller

Solid State Member
Can anyone help me! If you are viewing this thread, please reply, even if your answer seems stupid. My problem is that whenever i play ANY games at all, my computer lags. I do not know why. My computer is a bit old, but i dont think its old enough to be lagging so much. HELP!

Heres some of my info:

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron, 1700 MHz (17 x 100)
Motherboard Name ECS P4S5MG/651+ (2 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR, 2 SDR DIMM, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset SiS 651
System Memory 256 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (08/30/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X (Microsoft Corporation) (64 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X
Monitor NetLup PRT-701702/701709/951709 [17" CRT] (12371)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

well you are using onboard video, which sucks badly for games (i have never tried to play games with my video chipset)

your system memory is way too low, i would STRONLY recommend upgrading to 512 MB minimum, you would notice a huge improvement.

i assume you are running windows xp?

check out my download link, crap cleaner. it will clean out anything bad in your system without having to pay a tech to do it

yes, i am running windows xp: home edition. but i was not aware that my video card was onboard, i was 99% sure that i didint have one, in fact i think i remember my roommates friend installing a video card. but i could be wrong! oh and by the way, i just cant afford to buy 512 MB, so i need an alternative solution to buying hardware, like perhaps overclocking or something, ANYTHING!:mad:

CPU Type Intel Celeron, 1700 MHz (17 x 100)
1.7 GHz... there's one reason.

System Memory 256 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
No where near enough RAM... there's a second reason.

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE
Ancient graphics card... third reason.

But it ain't as bad as it seems.

To give your setup more pep, look first into adding some RAM. Your mobo supports 168-pin SDRAM up to 133MHz, and 184-pin DDR up to 266MHz. Look into getting at least 512MB of DDR266 (PC2100), 1gig would be better but not absolutely needed.

The next thing would be to get a better graphics card. I am not sure if a 4x/8x card would work in that mobo, though.

Of course, you could just start and build from the ground up...

you do live in vancouver, and they have a LARGE stock of computer parts. i would go look for a good, decent graphics card made in about 2004, you would save alot of money buying used, and it would work better than what you have right now

what games do you want to play? sims 2, doom 3, racing games?

i forgot about the older celerons having low FSB

didnt the celeron's have 66 mhz of FSB,
and the celeron D's have 533 Mhz of FSB?

well the type of games i typically aim to play is rpg's and shooters like counter-strike source....and btw talldude123, could u get me a price for all the parts that i need (in canadian currency) and tell me which parts would be best, at a lower price....that would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom