Computer Wont Turn on; High-pitch sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
The higher wattage doesn't matter, what does matter is if the Power supply is a different Form factor or is a propiretary Unit from a prebuilt computer. In either case, if it doesn't fit 100% don't use it.

It wouldn't be the fan, that would not affect how it starts up at first, but possible the PSU is trying to gather up energy into the capacitors and it's having a hard time converting AC to DC....

Actually, depending on the manufacturer it MIGHT be the fan. Some PSU's will NOT power up if the fan isn't spinning. The screeching noise may be the bearing going out. It may also be the HDD is about to go bad, too. Have you had any stability issues lately? As suggested above, try and pinpoint were the sound is coming from.

I had the exact problem that he had with the same symptoms. I'm thinking that the cpu was making the fan sqeal like that because it was turning a lot faster than it was suppose to or I'm think the the processor was making the noise. I took it back and replace it and the noise disappeared

It could be anything from a crappy maxtor HDD to the PSU, but the chances are that it IS the PSU trying to supply power and has to build up a large charge and cant

Fixed!!!

Well I it must be the psu cause I took one out of another computer and it booted right up w/ no problems. I'm going to go on newegg.com and find a new psu to buy. Thanks everyone

Re: Fixed!!!

Ryan1522 said:
Well I it must be the psu cause I took one out of another computer and it booted right up w/ no problems. I'm going to go on newegg.com and find a new psu to buy. Thanks everyone

Tell me a budget for a psu and Ill show you one.

Rosewills really arent so great
I think the main companies are thermaltake, antec, coolermaster, ocz, sparkle and ummm thats all I know about powersupplies.
Get something over 400W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom