Lost On board sound (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travisimo

Beta member
Hi guys,

Please help me - I suddenly lost sound about a week ago.

I have an Asus P4c800 e - delux motherboard and do not use a sound card. The sound just stopped and i dont get anything whatsoever.

This same problem occured about 6 months ago and a friend whom's overseas in the army fixed it in about 15 mins (a true pc guru).

My device manager picks up the sound hardware, speakers work, plugged correctly, updated drivers from asus and all switched on in the bios.

BUT - I can't access the volume switch at all. When I go to control panel -> Audio devices, it says "no audio device detected" and I can't adjust the controls.....hmm?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for anyones time (especially a guru)

Travis

Asus p4c800-e
1 gig corsair
p4 3.0 @ 3.2
asus geforce 4 4200
80 gig sata
no bios updates

I was using the back port but just tried the front (didn't realise I had 'em!). Still the same 'silent' scenario...

I think it's to do with the codec, drivers or something....mate, i'm stumped (Aussie cricket term for "dunno")

Sorry bro, 1st time on post....assumed no one would understand our lingo..

Thanks for your time and mind :)

Uhm, got a feeling my mate (fixed same prob ages ago) used the original disk (not sure though), which is lost lost lost.

Kinda thinking the "asus drivers" might have required a bios upgrade but hard to tell and scared to flash the #ucker...

You can always delete your sound device from Device Manager and let Windows 're-detect' it.

Sometimes that will work when nothing else will.

Tried that several times. Windows doesn't seem to have a problem detecting it and installing the 'new device'.

Many thanks for your reply.

How good is firefox btw!

Tried that it says the following:

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel......add hardware. This program will now close."

When i go to install the "soundmax intergrated audio" from the list it says this is installed and working properly. Please note it advises to use the original CD but I don't have it.

Am i getting closer?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom