In Runtime
alright this is my typical setup that i just upgraded from junk:
PC CHIPS K7 M811 VIA KT 266A/8235
AMD Duron 1ghz
512mb DDR 400 Corsair Value Select
20gb Samgsung Hard Drive
Radeon 9200SE
FIRST OF ALL..
The processor and the hard drive i left alone, and apparently i've changed the motherboard twice and it does the same thing. The hard drive works perfectly fine, tested on another computer and everything booted up, but when i install it into this one, it'll freeze just before the windows xp logo appears. I'm guessing the problem is that i configured this hard drive on another computer (everything was currpted in the first place) or it has something to do with the NTFS/FAT file system thing cause it shows 18gb on BIOS. Second, i tried booting up with a windows xp cd, that boots fine on ALL the other systems i tried with it. Checked the BIOS settings, priority and everything was set correctly and now i cant figure this out. I've spent hours checking everything and it was all ok..can someone please figure this out..lol thanks in advance

bios is correctly reporting your hdd's size in binary gb. if you're saying that the hdd already has xp on it and won't boot in the new computer thats normal. i suppose testing another cd drive would be a good idea, i'm not entirely sure what you meant but it sounds like cd's won't boot. or do you mean that using the cd to boot the hdd installation doesn't work?

i think i have a problem on an old machine i have:

basically it will not boot off the HDD, due to corrupt win98 installl, but the problem is that it will not boot any CDs. not winxp, win98, or any versions of linux.

You make 6 copys on floppies and put no 1 in and boot.It will prompt you to add next disk.Put your windows XP disk in drive when you first start up...

this mobo runs with a VIA chipset. If i install it using FAT will it make a difference? im guessing not but i just want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom