My friends alien...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
is really great and all, 2 gigs of what alien calls low latency ram, and dual nvidia 7800 gtx 512's. And i guess what i was wondering is if the frame rates he's getting on fear are correct...

1280x1024
4xAA
16X .. uhh, forgot what its called
soft shadow on ... and everything else as well

only getting an average of 41 fps... is that right??? or does alien just put in really bad 7800 gtxs??

Soft shadows basicly halves the FPS in fear. So does AA at high resolutions.

Well, 41 is very playable framerates in my opinion, so it's nothing to worry about. Also, it sounds about right. 003 probably knows more than me anyway...

Ryan

41 isn't very playable imo, and it always seems that in fear the average fps you get on the performance test, it will be like 10fps slower when you are actually ingame. The minimum fps I can stand is 72. I get 96 average fps at 1024x768 with video card and computer both on high.

Hmm, thats strange, with a 7800gt i get 48 fps average, with EVERYTHING maxed out. I turned off the AA and soft shadows and got a higher fps but i dont remember. I didnt notice much of a difference and i like the AA and soft shadows on.

003 I question your ability to see a difference beween 60 and 72fps, IMO anything 50+is ok, 60+ is unnoticable.

The human eye can see past 200fps, but that is aside the point. I can tell a BIG difference between 85fps and 120fps. True, it is not a difference you see, but rather a difference you "feel" in responsiveness. If you were to watch a movie for example at 85fps and 120fps, you would not be able to tell any difference at all. But when playing a game in realtime, you don't SEE the difference between 85fps, you FEEL it, if you get what I'm saying. Read this:
http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

Yeah, the frame rate is right.

I can feel a difference of every 10fps more that is gained, just feels more responsive, but what I don't see the point is, is getting more fps than your monitor can display, just a waste, and you could stick AA/AF/res up a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom