Monitor Woes - Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris935

Solid State Member
OK I know I was clumsy, but while doing some "maintenance" I broke one of the pins off the HD15 video input connector. It is pin 15 which the Sony manual says is Data Clock (SCL) - whatever that means. Now normally I would just go out and replace it, but the folks at Sony saw fit to build the other end right into the monitor case and I am finding a hard job finding a replacement.

The good news is that everything seems to be working fine - or is it? I have noticed in a couple of PC games that they will freeze up occasionally and the video goes dark. Also a bit of flickering during log in.

So questions: 1. should I be concerned? 2. Are my game problems caused by this lack of pin? 3. Where the crap do I get a new cable?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks Deadguy

Looks like a good source - think I will try that before the paperclip - although I like the simplicity!

A missing pin shouldnÂ’t cause your video games to stop responding. The flickering is most likely a result of the missing pin, though.

Yeah I think you are right about the games - I think I have found the problem (not a solution yet) - I am finding that iexplore.exe processes are just starting by themselves ! I had over 20 open at one point and I was not even at the computer - no virus or adware present apparently! It never rains.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom