Booting up after new hard drive installation problems. Also BSOD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinker

Baseband Member
I just put a new hard drive in. Didn't work, messed around found out it was the CMOS. Booted up first time, got the "Found new hardware" thing. I then partitioned and formatted it and it worked great, until it got to 100% then the whole thing froze. No mouse not tab no nothing. Had to do a hard shutdown. Now when I boot up it gets to the screen with the blue bar scrolling across on the bottom.

After that it flashes the BSOD. Then it restarts itself. It then asks me if I want to start in safemode and all that kind of stuff. I click on any of them and goes back to the windows screen. Up pops the BSOD and start the whole process over again.

Also, it does not recognize my optical drive./

Can anyone help me?

Its probably a bad drive.

What is your EIDE Configuration?

How are the slave and master set and state what drives and Optical drives are on which channel.

like splatoid said remove the new hardware and try to reboot. next time try to format with some 3rd party software rather than windows. also please don't double post mod's don't like it. basically go through the process of elimination with your drives as from experience i know that failing IDE drives can foul up the whole system. just to be thorough download and run memtest86 to make sure it isn't coincidentally a memory problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom