Impulse Buying Ftw!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
I was at CompUSA today and was bored so I bought a Zalman CNPS 7000B-cu and some Mad-Dog brand AS5.

Does anyone here know anything about either one? For the Thermal compound it says Arctic Silver 5, but it says mad dog on the packaging. Also, It was 11 bucks a for 1cc, which, when you factor in shipping is about the same as if I got it from Newegg. The cooler was 50. Also, This is my first time doing this. If ANYONE has a picture of how much thermal grease to put on, could you please give a link. Thanks!

i was also really confused on when i applied my thermal grease but i went for it anyway and its rather really hard to screw up. Someone on newegg posted place a bead on each corner and use a credit card to lightly drag around the cpu. also said the worse thing you could do is just draw a circle on the cpu and drop the heatsink on it. air bubbles is the last thing you want. hope that helps, helped me and my AMD 64 4400+ idles at 38 which is what the AS5 should have done.

Put about a drop the size of a grain of rice or alittle larger. Then put the heatsink ontop and turn it CC and CCW. That should spread out the as5. You could also do what Chris said and spread it around with a credit card. Either way works but you dont want too much so it doesnt spill out the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom