out of scan range - monitor display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdc325

Solid State Member
I have a used monitor which I plugged into a Dell computer and noticed the display settings on the desktop were too large for the screen i was using. I clicked on Properties and attempted to correct the display setting to one that would best fit in the 15 in. monitor.

Following the applied setting, the monitor went black and displayed an 'OUT OF SCAN RANGE' monitor.

If i restart the computer, the computer loads up like it usually does and then it flips back the same 'OUT OF SCAN RAGE' message.

I tried using a different monitor and i come across the same message, so it must be the computer tower that is casuing this error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

-thanks in advance

I used the F8 key to log onto the setup menu and try to restart the computer by using Safe Mode and Last Good Configurations. Following the selected configurations above, the computer restarts, Windows XP Home screen appears and then the screen returns to a 'black' display screen with the same 'OUT OF SCAN RANGE' message.

I've also tried selecting every othe option available in the F8 setup menu, and i continue to get the same results.

I'll be more clear with what I did before this happened:
1. I was using a 14' in. used sony monitor on a Dell computer (2yrs old, Pentium 4, 1.6ghz, 512MB DDR).
2. I noticed that the desktop icons were too large for the 14in. monitor so using PROPERTIES, i switched the display screen to select the smalled display options for the monitor.
3. message asked if i wanted to keep the following settings, I clicked YES.
4. the monitor displayed a black screen with the following message: OUT OF SCAN RANGE

Also, I've tried using a larger monitor, this one is 17in and is also a used Sony monitor. I attempted to apply the fix using the F8 menu and applied the same steps (ABOVE) and continue to get the same "OUT OF SCAN RANGE" message on this monitor.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom