Opinions on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeedAcpu said:
This guy lives in the UK where EVGA is not available unless you pay way overprice for an import (not worth it). As for XFX, it is probably the worst video card company around. The components they use are very cheap and have very poor cooling. They then try to attract you with fancy shaped packaging.

You should stay with the Leadtek, they are IMO the best video card manufacturer in the UK and have very reasonable prices. Other good manufacturers include MSI, BFG, Gigabyte and ASUS.

Read this. It's an article gaara wrote about SLI and crossfire. It's ultimately up to you, but, noticing that you are trying to save money, this article should help you.

adam06 said:
Thank you for your answers so far
Ok your right ste about the power, it was just i read in a pc magazine that if you want Sli hardware a 450watt will do fine. I apoligize.
I have decieded to keep the Sli motherboard (Unless you can convince me not to) The only reason i will keep it is for the future.
So could you recomend me a PSU that can handle my hardware and is really CHEAP!!!:)
About the fans and ****, the processor im getting comes with its own cooler and heatsink, also the case comes with its own front fan and two backfans spaces, is this enough or do i need more?

Ty guys!
Fortron make some decent power supplies that are cheap, you should check out the 450W one as that it the minimum power you should have supporting that system. I would recommend the Antec Truepower II 550W though as that will last longer because you won't need to upgrade it when you buy new parts

weringo said:
This guy lives in the UK where EVGA is not available unless you pay way overprice for an import (not worth it). As for XFX, it is probably the worst video card company around. The components they use are very cheap and have very poor cooling. They then try to attract you with fancy shaped packaging.

You should stay with the Leadtek, they are IMO the best video card manufacturer in the UK and have very reasonable prices. Other good manufacturers include MSI, BFG, Gigabyte and ASUS.

Since when is XFX the worst video card company?

thank you weringo and chevytrucknut,
reading about the graphics cards i think i will stick with it,
now for the psu its a hard desion; i dont want to over spend, typicaly i wouldnt mind £30 ($53.29). If you know of any good PSU's that sell at that price could you let me know.

Also do you know a case make that sell gaming case's at cheap prices???

Sapphire ATI Radeon X850 XT Crossfire Edition 256MB GDDR3
or
Leadtek GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Just which one is better?
Just graphics wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom