Hardware Performance and Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
only thing i can say is upgrade your video card. Eveything else is good already. If you dont want to spend any money just tweak some settings in your games and it will run smooth.

Gosh, I hate technology. When I bought that X800 a half year ago, it was at the top at its game, now its below the curve. Come on! :)

sounds like there's a complete mixup with some drivers or something. Those specs shouldn't be doing that. A fresh install of XP might not be out of line.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
sounds like there's a complete mixup with some drivers or something. Those specs shouldn't be doing that. A fresh install of XP might not be out of line.

Ryan

The thing is... I reformat pretty often. I update my drivers frequently and Windows definitely recognizes that I have a dual core. 3dMark picked up on it and Task Manager also shows 2 CPU graphs. Ive looked for drivers for the Mobo and CPU and there arent really any. Ill keep searching. Thanks for the help guys!

Could it perhaps be something to do with the thermal transfer gel between the heat sink and the processor? I used some CompUSA brand stuff... I dont know how long it lasts... especially with how hot my PC used to run.

I installed the latest ATI drivers and that seemed to bring the FPS up a little bit. Otherwise, no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom