Help with my harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I'm in the middle of building my rig so I don't have all the parts yet. I have a 40GB harddrive right now ATA-133. When I boot up my computer it posts fine, no problems at all but when it starts to load windows the harddrive kind of hangs. The harddrive starts loading for about 3-5 seconds and then just hangs there for like 30-35 seconds, then resumes loading. What's up with this, is there a bios setting that I overlooked? What can I do to fix this hang? It's really starting to bug me.

What would repairing it do? And how do you use repair anyway, I never really looked into it, I always just re-format or reinstall.

Since you swaped motherboard, A repair will Basically tell the New chipset/BIOS where to locate the OS. Thats the simpliest way I can explain it.

What do you mean "swaped motherboard". When I got this pc I re-formatted the harddrive. If I use repair what do I type once I'm logged on.

Ok, IM sorry for the misunderstanding.

This wasn't a new build? You got the computer from someone?

Did you do a quick format or a full one?

Did you delete previous partition before formating?

The motherboard is brand new and the cpu aswell. I have 512MB of OCZ value ram (yea I know lol). Anyway I did a full format of course and yes I always delete the partition before I format. Kind of a weird habbit of mine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom