Need Help with TV Out on ASUS V9520

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie

Beta member
Hi.

I have an older (2yrs?) V8200Pro graphics card form ASUS, its original drivers came with an option, accessible through right clicking on the desktop then clicking properties->Device... and then I'd choose the outoput to monitor or to TV, nothing could be simpler... But, time changes and nowdays it seems technology is going backwards instead of improving (we're not even sending men (or women...) to the moon (or anywhere) anymore... anyway, on with the subject). New display drivers for ASUS (which I downloaded for the V8200) so much needed to cope with the most recent games have not this ""feature""... So I'm left with watching my DVD movies on my tiny 17" screen... Recently I purchased a more recent V9520 Magic FX5200 chipset, not being the "hottest around" is still much more recent than the V8200, the new one also brings a Composite Video Out but still... No way to turn it on... Does anyone knows where ASUS hid this?
Or should I scrap ASUS forever and offer those video cards to my dog, so he has something to chew on, on his birthday?

All I want is to put TV Out to work, I know the video circuit is right because it works with the original drivers of the V8200, the problem is with ASUS software. :)

what tv out do u use? is it coaxial or svideo??? if its svideo it should still work without this feature... have you tried to view without changing the output? I uplug my monitor and plug my svideo lead into the svhs plug on my tv and it works fine when i go to the av channel on my tv...

btw ... no one has ever been to the moon

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I managed to find it now.. It WAS hidden... Actually inside a tree of menus, not as near as visible as it was in the older drive... And since these things don't come with a user manual anymore... Thanks for the help anyway, it still has an awkward effect though, like messing the resolution on W98 after it leaves TV mode, but that's a minor glitch and I'll see to it.

They didn't go to the moon? I once, really, met ONE person that actually believe they didn't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom