Quick psu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Okay I just got my new hard drive and my Antec Truepower 2.0 550watt power supply from Newegg and I just wanted to test it real quick. So I put it in my case which has nothing but fans in it at the time and I hooked up the fans with the "fans only" plugs from the psu and I plugged in the power supply and my room lights dim down slightly for about a millisecond but nothing turns on no fans spin.

I made sure it was on 115V because im in the US. Can you just run your psu like that without hooking it up to the motherboard or anything. I am going to be ****ed if it is dead, especially because it is Antec

It will not start up unless its either jumped by connecting the Black and green wire on the 20/24 Pin connector, OR if its attached to a motherboard and you press the power button.

And About the lights dimming: Thats not right and You should probably put the Power supply along with the Moniter on a Surge Protector or a UPS for protection.

Thank you, glad to see I don't have a dead psu (I hope).

I mean the light dimmed very slightly almost unnoticable, I mentioned this so that I know there is a power connection between the psu and the outlet (but I will be useing a surge protector when i get it finished).

Is the DFI Lanparty motherboards ATX12V v2.0 because I got the EPS12V version of the True Power 2.0 it says its only compatible with SSI/EPS12V and ATX12V v2.0 motherboards.

Beefcake said:
Is the DFI Lanparty motherboards ATX12V v2.0 because I got the EPS12V version of the True Power 2.0 it says its only compatible with SSI/EPS12V and ATX12V v2.0 motherboards.
The DFI lanparty (excluding the expert) have a 4-pin connector and I think the one that comes with the EPS powersupply is 8-pin

I might be getting confused here but isnt there a four pin plug for non EPS boards and 8 pin for EPS as well as the ATX connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom