Opinions on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam06

In Runtime
Im going to build a new computer (it will be my first)
I have researched for hours finding the best prices (im on a budget but want a powerful computer)
Here is what i have found:

*CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939)
*Disk drive: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 160GB 6V160E0 *SATA-II 8MB
*Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLi SE nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express
*Graphics card: Leadtek GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 VIVO
*Memory: Corsair 1GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS2.5 Kit (2x512MB)
*CD/DVD: Sony CRX320E 52x32x52x16 CDRW/DVD Combi Drive
*Monitor: Acer AL1916W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor
*Case: XG gaming case Blitz Ninja Blue with PSU
*Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Ultra-X Keyboard and mouse
*Floppy disk: not found yet
*OS: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Not added to price yet)

This all came around £820 Inc P&P and VAT
This might be a shock to how cheap this will be but i still want to lower the price.

Im not sure on the motherboard and graphics card; they are both SLI ready, but is it worth it because im not rich enough to buy another graphics card! Whats the real difference between having a normal motherboard and that graphics card or a sli motherboard and 2 of thoose graphics cards. You got to remeber that im on a budget.:rolleyes:
And please also give your thoughts on the other hardware.
Thank you

I was thinking of that but as i said im on a budget and thats not completely needed at the moment.
I will in the future:cool:

I didnt even post what I had as my PSU....
Well its a X-Power Low Noice 450Watt
Thats ok, im not really bothered about the PSU as it can handle everything.
Does anyone read what i said?
I was asking about the Motherboard and graphics card....
STOP randomlly advising me because you think i want advice on the hardware. I just want to know the difference between the two i gave you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

You think that power supply will be enough to power your system, But its not, just by the name I can tell its a Piece of crap. Not only that but they are probably advertising its peak wattage, so its not enough to power everything you have. I am going to point and laugh at you when you post about computer problems and trace it back to that power supply, Just because you did not listen to my advice.

If you want to protect your precious 7800GT and have it power all components with the proper wattage, amps and voltage then you need a better power supply. But What do I know Im just a Nerd.

On top of that make sure you have good Cooling and Air circulation, you don't want anything overheating.

Don't get SLI, for one thing, you're paying DOUBLE the price for only a 31-40% increase, and it's cheaper to just get a better vid.card.

That is to answer your question. Sorry for the bashing (since you only asked about the mobo), I'm really not trying to, but you should NOT get that PSU, listen to what Ste said, because Ultra makes crappy PSU's.

EDIT, wait a second!!! what's this then?
And please also give your thoughts on the other hardware.
I take back what i said, if you want to ask us to help you with your hardware decisions, don't get mad when we do help you!

Its good to get a SLI ready mobo then he can get another video card if some of his games start lagging in the future.

Thank you for your answers so far
Ok your right ste about the power, it was just i read in a pc magazine that if you want Sli hardware a 450watt will do fine. I apoligize.
I have decieded to keep the Sli motherboard (Unless you can convince me not to) The only reason i will keep it is for the future.
So could you recomend me a PSU that can handle my hardware and is really CHEAP!!!:)
About the fans and ****, the processor im getting comes with its own cooler and heatsink, also the case comes with its own front fan and two backfans spaces, is this enough or do i need more?

Ty guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom