XP install Error Help plzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

atd332

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i just got a system and i am trying to install windows xp on it, whenever i go to install it it comes up with a blue screen (when installing from cd) and it says

a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer "irqL _less _or _equal" error
if this is the first time you have seen this error .... and so on.

It is a blue screen that comes up during the install, like after you format the partition, the next step after that. Can ANYONE give me a hand it would be SO greatly appreciated, i just want xp on my system thats all! thanks guys!

-adam

Ok, well, the drive wont even let me boot off of it but I can install windows XP onto it. I set the the drive as the primary master but it cannot find it. When i used the XP disk to partitoin and format and install XP to it, it finds it. I am quite lost, i DID set the Primary master (C:) in the bios as the first boot device priority as well, still wont find it. I did a NTFS file system format, not sure whats goin on. any suggestions.

oh yes, and my Bios as an Award Bios 4.51PG. I dont know if this helps, but the mobo is a soyo SY-5SSM. I dont know if this will help. Is 20Gb too big for this, the PC was made in 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom