Why does HP laptop have problems booting to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino1616

Solid State Member
Good day,

(Please excuse me if this is the wrong forumn, I think it is) I have an HP Pavilion ZV6000 laptop (AMD 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz, 80 gb Hdd, 8x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW drive, 128MB ATI Xpress 200m video dedicated memory). My Laptop has been having on & off problems booting to Windows, Some days it will boot to windows other days it wonÂ’t. The days it wonÂ’t I have to go thru the procedures listed below:

When I turn on my laptop it boots to the HP invent logo/intro & then thatÂ’s it, it doesnÂ’t proceed to windows. Below in the left hand corner are a few instructions such as:
Press <Esc> to change boot order
Press <F10> to enter Setup, <F12> to boot from LAN

I tried alt+ctrl+delete but that doesnÂ’t seem to work to well, I "CAN" get it to boot to windows, if I physically push the power button & turn the laptop on & off., and usually after about the 15th time it will boot to Windows XP (This is extremely irritating). IÂ’ve also noticed that if I leave the original Windows XP install disk in the drive, that it will boot to window more often. (although even with the disk inside thereÂ’s times it doesnÂ’t boot to windows).

Does this mean the hard drive is broken or beginning to break, or could it be a corruption in the operating system. Is there some online tool that would test my laptop to see if itÂ’s the Win XP OS system. To view a more in-depth description & view screen shots of my problem IÂ’ve posted them at: http://testing.100webcustomers.com/

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you

The Win xp install is the original install from when I bought it, & yes i do believe its set to boot from hardrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom