'Overheating' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell, there are now cables apart from a dual (two stuck together) white cable and a thin (black/red - also stuck together) cable going somewhere in the approximate direction of the PSU... it is quite hard to remove to PSU to actually verify whether that white cable is going to the PSU for the case's structure restricts my disassembling methods unless I take out quite a few components first, and I also go on the internet with this system so disassembling and reassembling would be quite a pain.

I also have temperature meter installed on my computer but contrary to the indications of overheating, in which, I think, the temperatures should be high, rarely go above 29-32 degrees Celcius... but if so, what can I do to deal with the overheating?

get an aftermarket heatsink-fan and install it using some arctic silver 5 thermal paste. that should reduce your temps significantly from what you get with stock cooling. also you live in australia so i am thinking that readout is faulty. prescott p4's run a lot hotter than that and (i don't know where you live) but if its averaging about that those temps could even be below room temperature so that would definitely indicate something is wrong

Oh ok, yeah I live in the eastern states (Sydney, NSW ;D), so basically get a heatsink fan and thermal paste?

try to put the Thermal Grease and install a New Heat Sink.....above the PSU and Besides the CPU......for more information.....see the motherboard installation manual if u have one or contact system administrator (Computer Techie)

9 times out of 10, PSU problems stem from ""Instability of Rails". If they start to flucuate with-in a very small degree, either up or down, you'll experience crashing & freezing.

Overheating of a Videocard could also be a potential issue. Yet, normally when a GPU hits it's temp limits, you will experience artifacting before it locks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom