Memory - BIOS reports half of what I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonMichael

Solid State Member
Help...

I have 1GHz of memory on my system (using a Gigabyte motherboard). anyway, for a few days, all systems seemed fine, but I ran a utility on the motherboard CD that lets me do all this crazy stuff like overclocking, and maxing out the voltages on everything ( just nuts! why would anyone overclock when you've already got nearly 3GHz??? maybe I'll ask that question in 10 years....).

After running the util.... stupid BIOS insists I only have 512k. So I tried seperate 512k memory modules... it reported I had 512.. I left just one in.. it said I had 256!!!

Its this an AGP and memory issue or something with the motherboard? I *might* have switched the video card early on as well, but can't remember....

Jason

first of all i'm going to be pedantic: i'm assuming you mean 1gb of memory and then layet on 512mb. download and run memtest86 but i don't think that will tell us much. run it anyway to see if the memory is damaged. reset CMOS either using the jumper (see your manual) or by removing the battery for 10 minutes with the computer disconnected from power.

Hahahahaha,

yeah, 1Ghz of memory!

You're right, Its really 1 gigabyte on one single module. (SDRAM?)

Thanks for those tips, I'll try them tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom