'Overheating' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impalist

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I know this may sound simple, but I am in a gridlock on what to do concerning my system's problem. This is the laydown of the problem:

Everytime (almost everytime) I play a very intensive game (Call of Duty 2) and Call of Duty as well, about 20-30 minutes into the game my computer just freezes, with the image on the monitor frozen and the computer unresponsive. The fans are going crazy, by that I mean it is spinning hard and loud and I also have a temperature meter on the rig but its doesn't indicate overheating so I'm very confused, especially when I touch (when the rig is recently turned off - 30 seconds after) the GPU, which is quite hot to the touch...

So does anyone have any solutions to my problem, because it is very crippling.

How many watts would you recommend? My specs are:
Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz
1GB RAM
915PL Gigabyte
256MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800

But I am somewhat confused because my friends have similar rigs yet they don't suffer the same problem as I do.

Yeah, I've edited the specs into my previous reply :) and if you're talking about the video card, yeah I'm already up to date with that.

I'm really sorry, but I am a complete novice when it comes into computers, I know what each parts of a computers are but I don't know anything deeper than that... :eek: what's a rating? Is that the wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom