cd-rw not burnig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez_willis

Beta member
cd-rw not burning

I am having trouble with a newly installed cd-rw. It's a Verbatim crw-5224a(made by Asus) that came bundled with Nero Express v5.5.9.2. After installing the cd-rw, I loaded the software in and re-started and got "while initiating device IOS: Windows protection error. You need to re-start your computer." I re-started in safe mode and removed the software, then it booted up fine. I cannot drag and drop anything onto the disc either, but CAN transfer songs to the drive via windows media player, so I know it is installed and being recognized by windows. I am running 98se, CPU is a P4 2.4g, hard drive is a WD SATA Raptor. I did a google search for the problem, and several links suggest that ez cd creator may interfere with Nero. I did install ez cdc after removing the Nero software, but have since removed it because it says it doesn't recognize any cd-r or cd-rw. I tried updating Nero and Adaptec software to no avail, and have also flashed the cd-rw. Any idea's?

-------------------------
Intel P4 2.4
WD 36g 10,000rpm SATA Raptor hd
windows 98se
Enermax cs 307 tower
Alesis ADAT/Edit audio card
Verbatim 52x24x52x cd-rw

Try this

Go to Nero.com and update to the latest ver,then use Nero Express.
Did you make any changes to the default installation ?
I didn't and have no problems.
:D

Thanks for the reply Stan. If I load the Nero in, my computer won't boot up, so updating it will be difficult. Any other idea's?

Hey (WorkingMan's?) Deadguy, I did not update the firmware before installing the software because I was not expecting there to be any problems.

No, the drive has never worked fine. I installed the drive itself, turned the computer on, it booted up, no problem. The drive was recognized by the o.s., still no problem, I loaded the software, re-started, then I got the "while initiating device IOS: Windows protection error. You need to re-start your computer" error, and the computer would not boot. I re-started in safe mode, removed the software, re-started, and it booted up fine. I can burn audio from the windows media player, but obviously, cannot backup any data.

and have also flashed the cd-rw. Any idea's?

Not with that kind of stuff.

:eek:

Attachments

• 177hit.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom