Anyone have a 6800gs AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Does anyone have a 6800gs AGP? If anyone does tell me what they got it to OC to, so far I've got mine from 350/1000 to 390/1100 and it seems to be fine. I tried pushing it further but had problems (artifacts and other weird stuff in 3dmark05). In all honesty I could probably get away with 400/1200 but I really need this card for about 2 years so I dont want to blow it out.

this card is not going to blow out on you.. trust me video cards can handle much more than you think, i stress my video card to **** and back and hes ok lol... and your sig says u got a 9800 pro, you might want to changethat. lol i would run it at 400,1200mhz

ya I havnt installed PS yes so I havnt changed sig, I'll put on a temp one tomorrow. As for charles the 6800gs is indeed in AGP, its clocked lower then its pcie version because it uses a different core. Its a decent medium-high quality card for people with AGP slots only looking to extend their pc for a while and dont care about having everything on max always (Although I run most things at 60 fps at 1024x768 with 4xaa and 16xaf). The only thing I cant run very nicely is fear, and I question FEARS programming because IMO doom looks nicer then it and it runs great on high with all turned on and aa.

the 6800gs AGP is made from left over nv40 cores from the 6800gt and ultra that were defective and wouldnt run 16 pipes, thats why somebody before tryed to unlock the pipes and the card artifacted, becasue the card doesnt have 4 laser burned pipes just defective bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom