monitor for a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
alright, I'm down to buying the last vital part to my PC, the monitor. Here's the thing, I'd be willing to sell my TV I have right now, and use that money I have to buy a new LCD, but I want this LCD to be able to watch TV, maybe HDTV, if possible. But I don't really know a whole lot about monitors, so that's where ya'll come in. What's the resolution I should get to be able to watch clear TV on my monitor? My budget is hopefully about 250. I have LOTS of DVDs, and will be gaming also, so that plays a factor. But, I'm not a CRAZY gamer who has to have the top-of-the-line 4ms refresh rate, blah all that. Just want a good decent monitor that can play games decently, add in TV, and movies.

Oh, and since I'm gonna have to get a TV tuner card, even if I have an NVIDIA graphics card, can I have an ATI card? Or will that mess up the drivers?

Hey chevytrucknut
Did you get this resolved, i am considering the same.
As I have a TV and PC monitor beside each other I am considering my next purchase of either to be a LCD TV that also has suitable functionality for PC, or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom