check this super beast card out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be cool with a low profile cooler but.. That thing must either stress the card or the socket.. or be a general Pain to work around in the case..

lol, NO actually the card doesnt even sag, seems like it would. but i do this to all my video cards, im never paying 30 bucks for a cooler i just make use of my old ones, which actually turn out working better. what made me put it on this video card was because it was heavily overheating in bf2 with the stock cooling after about 1 hour of game play. the heat would get to the video card and my avg fps would be like 45. the card was running like 80c under load, now with this heatsink its avg temp is like 45c and max 49c, this temps run way cooler than my brothes old (HIS x850xt PE, which is actualy a ati silencer, with the name (HIS on it.
and this cooler costed me nothing but 6 bucks for the artic silver 5 and about 10 minutes. and working around the video card is only a hassle when flashing my bios, but ive actually gotten use to it now. but doesnt the video card look sweet! its a monster lol

You are nothing but ********, that heatsink DOES PUT STRESS ON THE CARDS PCB BOARD!!! It may not look like it, but there is extreme stress around the holes all the way to the slot the card is connected in.

charles_scott said:
You are nothing but ********, that heatsink DOES PUT STRESS ON THE CARDS PCB BOARD!!! It may not look like it, but there is extreme stress around the holes all the way to the slot the card is connected in.

And you know this because??? You have the same exact setup or you examined his setup with your own eyes and hands?

I know this because that heatsink more than likely weighs more than the heavy stock and aftermarket heatsinks that where first used on 6800 ultras, yea them big copper ones that took two slots, that put insaine stress on the PCB.

i have a similar skt A cpu cooler in my hands its not heavy it will not do anything to the card or the slot chill out.

well actually charles_scott) the zalman vf700cu weights more than this sckt a heatsink, becasue its solid copper , and hundreds of people use the vf700cu heatsink, so go tell them that. the video card works fine does not sag, stress it or effect it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom