Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitus

Baseband Member
I've decided that I want to build my next computer instead of buying a pre-built one so I'm going to need some help over the next for weeks/months (depends on how much money I have for that week haha)

Anyways, my first question is about the video card that I will be installing. I just can't decide what kind I want to get. It will be for a gaming computer so I know I want atleast 256 MB ram on it. But I've been comparing prices around ebay and best buy and came across this one. Click here (BestBuy.com) It seems to be pretty nice and at a very good price. I'm pretty new to indepth computer hardware so I'm not sure if there is something that I'm missing in that.

If I were to get this card, would it work on all motherboards with a PCI slot?

Thanks a lot everyone.

ok first of all can we have a rough budget, like an idea of how much you'll have?

ok i don't know much about ati cards but i guess this ones ok, someone who knows more about ATI can rate that.

it looks like this card will work with any mobo that has pci like you said, but if you have more money you'll probably want to buy a pci-e video card (future proof) and a mobo with pci-e. if you want a good pci-e card the nvidia geforce 6800gs is pretty good, and its only about $70 more than the ATI.

hope this helps.

go to newegg.com and shop around. the 9250 would be good for solitaire and older games but newer games would be nearly unplayable when you upgrade get a mobo with pci express x 16 and invest in a pci-e 16 video card

Alright thanks

So what other than the Ram on a video card determines if it would be a good gaming video card?

What do you mean by GPU?

What would be a good card for gaming in the price range of $100-$250

What suggestion do you have for the NVidia graphics card? I need something around $100-$250

That NVidia motherboard does sound good though. I was considering an Athlon because the book I have says that the Athlon would be a good choice for a gaming computer.

hmmm im not sure lemme look I like bfg so i found this one i think it would do very very very nicely for the price. just look at the speed and interface. absolutely magnificant. its between $220 and $250

BFG Tech BFGW68256GTOCXV Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

# Core clock: 370MHz
D-SUB: 1
DirectX: DirectX 9
DVI: 1
Memory Clock: 1000MHz
Memory Interface: 256-bit
OpenGL: OpenGL 1.5
PixelPipelines: 16
TV-Out: HDTV/S-Video/Composite Out
VIVO: No
# Model #: BFGW68256GTOCXV

but if you can if at all possible jump ahead of this one and grab a nvidia geforce 7800 but this one is great considering the price.

see here is a 7800 but at an ouch price that i couldnt afford if i had too. this is **** good and id reccomend it way over the other but it will cost you $369.00

# BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
Core clock: 425MHz (400MHz standard)
DirectX: DirectX 9
DVI: 2
Memory Clock: 1050MHz (1000MHz standard)
Memory Interface: 256-bit
OpenGL: OpenGL 2.0
PixelPipelines: 20
Tuner: None
TV-Out: HDTV Out
VIVO: Yes
# Model #: BFGR78256GTOC

wow that is not good compaired to other 6800 gs... don't get that bfg... evga.. maybe msi, they have high clock, they will run much better for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom