external hard drive&laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXIMILIAN

In Runtime
I think instead of bulding a new desktop I am going to buy a good laptop and external hard drive.

What would you recomend in terms of a good external hard drive that can hold atleast 600GB.

And also what is a good laptop for gaming in games like oblivion?

well it depends on what your looking for...

those are decent, hard drives that will work...

but i agree with you, it doesnt even say if they are maxtor, seagate, western digital, etc..

i know that you can get really cheap maxtor hard drives at best buy, but they are internal (250 GB = $100)

those links arent working keeps telling me page not responding,
Im going to be holding 90% music on the HD which i would like to be able to play directly through the ex HD so Im assuming it needs to be fast. Also if i put programs on the hd can i run them on my pc?

to install programs on the hard drive, you have have to install an OS on the hard drive (i would recommend windows 2000, as it only uses 1.5 Gigs of space) and you would install on windows 2000.

If you leave windows media player turned on with music playing, you should be able to run both music and games at the same time

well..

maxtor is a good priced hard drive, but i am unsure about quality

western digital is pricey, but if you can afford it, its the best-quality hard drive out there

my advice -- go for maxtor and save $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom