Hard Drive partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossphyr

In Runtime
Okay heres the deal I used to take part of my 180 gigs and partition 20-40 depending on how I felt that month to windows.. so about

160gigs were left for my games.. I currently have around 30 or so gigs of games and here is the problem

If I ever get a problem with my windows partition I cant just reformat correct? because all of the registry information for my games are on the registry? What happens is I try to play a game and it says its missing or error doesnt exist

So I guess my question is if Im allowed to do the partition the way I had it and after installing all of my games/etc I just make a backup of my registry?

Yes I want it this way no I dont want a second hard drive and yes I want it partitioned so I can keep everything organized..

Thankyou

crossphyr said:

If I ever get a problem with my windows partition I cant just reformat correct? because all of the registry information for my games are on the registry? What happens is I try to play a game and it says its missing or error doesnt exist

So I guess my question is if Im allowed to do the partition the way I had it and after installing all of my games/etc I just make a backup of my registry?

Thankyou

Just reinstall the games if they dont work. Some games will work but some games will not.

And copying your registry is not a good idea unless you need a backup.

Im just trying to find a way to have it partitioned.. OR would I be better off buying a 20 gig hard drive running it in raid and having windows on one drive and all of my games on the other drive?

You don't need windows on both if you use the 20 gig as the master correct?

you don't have to have them raided. i run a 40 gb drive for system and an 80 for storage. try partition magic yet?

I have not tried anything yet because im confused on what to actually use or do. I was thinking of just getting a small hard drive to run as my master with windows on it. I still run into the problem If I take off windows that will remove the registry for the games? or will they be tied to the hard drive I have them on? with a partition its actually sharing the drive compared to a seperate drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom