1607 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya that didnt work..i got an error while doing that....
i was trying to install isscript9 but every time i do that i get archieve is corupt..how do you install that file..becouse when i roght click and go to install it askes me what program i want to open the file with?

Update the ISScript engine on your computer by downloading the latest one. For more information, see Setup Is Unable To Find or Update ISScript.msi.
Make sure that the Installer folder in the Windows directory has full access privileges. The Installer folder may be hidden on your computer, so you will have to set your computer to see hidden files and folders and then set the proper permissions to the <WINDOWSFOLDER>\Installer folder:
Show Hidden Files and Folder
Launch Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E or select Start > Run and type explorer.
Select Tools > Folder in the Windows Explorer window.
Select the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings pane, select Show hidden files and folder.

Set the Installer folder attributes
Locate the folder <WINDOWSFOLDER>\Installer:
Windows NT and 2000: C:\WINNT\Installer
Windows 95/98/Me/ XP: C:\Windows\Installer
Note: In some instances this directory doesn't appear on Windows XP machines. Follow these steps to view the folder:

In Windows Explorer select View > Toolbars and select Address Bar if there isn't a check box next to it.
In the Address Bar type in the full path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer.

Right-click on the Installer folder and choose Properties.
Select the Security tab.
Make sure the System, Administrators and the specific user have Full Control of this folder.

Repeat the instructions in Step B for the Temp directory. To locate the Temp directory on your machine, refer to the article Clean the Temp Directory.
Make sure that the InstallShield registry key in the Windows registry has full access privileges.
Select Start > Run and type regedt32.
Browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield

Check the permissions of this key:
Windows XP users can right click and select Permissions.
Windows 2000 and NT users navigate to the Security menu and select Permissions.

Assign both the Administrators and System group Full Control if they don't already have it. For an idea of what the permissions property dialog will look like, see step 2B-4.
If the installation is located on a network drive, copy all of the files to the local hard drive (i.e., Desktop or Temp directory) and attempt to run the installation again.
Install the Windows Installer engine on your computer to make sure that it is not corrupt and that it is properly registered on your computer. For more information, see How Do I Install the Windows Installer Engine on My Computer?
Make sure you have full administrative privileges on your computer. This only applies to Windows NT 4.0, 2000, and XP computers; Windows 95, 98, and ME do not require this. For more information, see How Do I Acquire Administrative Privileges on My Computer?
Make sure no other applications, installations, or processes are running in the background. For more information, see How Do I Detect and End Previously Running Installation Processes? and How Do I Close Applications Running in the Background?.
Make sure to check the location from where the installation is being run. If the downloaded installation files are stored in a directory path that contains special characters, such as "&", "-", ".", etc, change the path to something that does not contain these characters.
Bad path: C:\downloads\Palm\palm desktop & hotsync\x\setup.exe

Good path: C:\downloads\Palm\palm desktop hotsync\x\setup.exe

The DCOM settings on Windows NT, 2000, and XP may need to be configured. For more information, see How Do I Configure the DCOM Settings on My Computer?

Repeat the instructions in Step B for the Temp directory. To locate the Temp directory on your machine, refer to the article Clean the Temp Directory.
Make sure that the InstallShield registry key in the Windows registry has full access privileges.
Select Start > Run and type regedt32.
Browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield
[/B]
i got to this part..but i cant find that enrty at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom