Can a computer run with no RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im never touching another computer unless it has minimum of 64 MB RAM (they get SO slow otherwise...even with windows 95)

nitestick said:
when i say dos i don't mean the full version of dos, just the stripped down boot disk version which can be pretty much run completely from cache. like i said in theory but not in actuality because you can't get around the failed POST.

I'm pretty sure it can't, even if it was able to fit in the L2 cache, because the CPU gets the contents of the cache from RAM.

i dont think a computer can physically run without at LEAST 4 MB RAM (windows 95 needs 8 MB RAM, and 3.1 needs 4 MB)

talldude123 said:
i dont think a computer can physically run without at LEAST 4 MB RAM (windows 95 needs 8 MB RAM, and 3.1 needs 4 MB)

I saw a computer with only 4MB of RAM and it ran Windows 95. Also, I have a computer (Sharp PC-7100 Computer) that runs MS-DOS perfectly with only 360KB of RAM. The Altair 8800 used only 32KB of RAM and the ENIAC didn't use any RAM at all.

"I have 16KB of VRAM running CS:S...:

Condraz23 said:
I saw a computer with only 4MB of RAM and it ran Windows 95. Also, I have a computer (Sharp PC-7100 Computer) that runs MS-DOS perfectly with only 360KB of RAM. The Altair 8800 used only 32KB of RAM and the ENIAC didn't use any RAM at all.
But did the ENIAC have an operating system? LOL :p :rolleyes: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom