• Have someone build it for me if it's cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all I was thinking I wanted the Thermaltake Big Typhoon because I want good cooling for OCing but with a very silent system.

I have been reading some reviews and comparisons and now I can't decide between the big typhoon and the zalman CNPS9500.

I have seen reviews disagreeing, one says typhoon did better, another said the zalman did better.

I have the system that is in my sig (will have different ram, will have 2 gigs of G.Skills) but keep in mind I have the Huge Antec case.

So...... Give me your opinions!! I want COOL!! but I also want QUIET!! ;)

Thanx for your input

Ya i read that whole post but I figured I wanted peoples opinions on which is better between just these 2.

What dba does the Zalman get up to when the fan is going fullspeed?

Noise Level Silent Mode: 18.0dB±10%
Low-noise Mode: 27.5dB±10%

hmm i wonder why newegg doesnt post full speed :confused: well it must be louder then 27dba which is pretty loud lol.

Ya i want to OC the heck out of my system and want it as cool as possible but I really want it quiet. I would go with the Zalman but I am worried about it being too loud if my system needs a lot of cooling from my OC.

why does your system need a lot of cooling for your OC? whats your temps??

anyways you could just keep the CNPS9500 on low then if it gets to hot crank it up for a while :confused:

My temps are about 35 idle and max of 55 on stock cooling. That was when I was OCed to about 2.65 ghz and I want to try to hit 3ghz. There have been a ton of people doing it with my CPU so I figure if I get decent cooling and when my new ram arives I should have a good go at it.

Yeha the CNPS9500 will be decent enough, i mean its one of the best cpu coolers

AS5 + a decent third party heatsink = great temps for super OC's :D lol

i know im not much of a helpful guy

running 3dmark only getting 58C full load on my GPU woot, this is stock, add some AS5 or something, and im going to get a higher OC, im stuck at 513/1.23 i believe, wonder what i get.

arg i hate the CPU tests 2-10 fps so slow, especially on that hot air ballon one lol

Haha ya I had to leave my computer cause it was sooooo annoying watching that 2fps crap. I intend on getting some AS5 when I get my new cooler.

It sounds like you think CNPS9500 is better is that correct PZERO?

i dunno, i know 003 is going to come here and sayu the big typhoon is better, but both are going to give you superior cooling, so its up to you. You choose, YOU CHOOSE FOR ONCE!!! lol :D so you dont yell at me for buying vauleram ;)

my PC froze in 3dmark in the darn cpu tests. lol who cares lol

i havent voted in the poll yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom