Decent? Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok, with a job interview on Monday I am anticipating having quite a nice new income (not enough to buy the best PC in the world but enough to buy some reasonably nice parts). So, whatta ya think of this build? (Budget wise I'll have around £400 -£500 GBP to spend, about $900ish I think).

(CPU) AMD 64 3500+ Venice core, Socket 939. If money permits I may get a 3800+
(MOBO) Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250GB (Socket 939)
(RAM) Corsair TwinX PC3200 RAM (2.5-3-3-6), two 1GB modules - Already have it.
(GPU) BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E
(HD) 80GB Maxtor ATA Drive - Will upgrade at a later date - Already have it.
(Sound) Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card
(PSU) Antec NEO Power 480W - Already have it.

Rating?

- Cheers

I think that may blow my budget a bit off. Will check a bit laters.

Also, I forgot to add that the PC will be mainly used to game, but will also be used to do some 3D modeling and Photoshop work.

Um, as far as I know, the Audigy 4 Pro costs $250+ USD. A X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card costs $115 USD and will give better, and more realistic sound.

The system as it is; Yay, its decent. Room for improvements though. See if you can go for a Athlon 64 3700+. And is that the cheapest 7800GT you can find? I know its OC'd, but just buy the cheapest 7800GT you can buy and as long as its not PNY, it'll work fine. A pre-OC'd videocard isn't a big deal.

No, the 3800+ he's planning to get isn't an X2. And he says "If money permits," so money would seem to be an issue.

Flanker said:
No, the 3800+ he's planning to get isn't an X2. And he says "If money permits," so money would seem to be an issue.

i was saying you shuold go for the X2 3800+ if money isnt an issue which means he would have the money to permit to buy an 3800+

stick with the 3500+ or get the 3700+ san diego

Sorry for the confusion, what I'm saying is If 'money permits' as in, if I have enough *cha ching*, not that money is not an issue.

3700 San Diego? How much of a difference is there between a Venice and San Diego core? (which is better)

which means money is an issue because you dont have that much money, so if im saying if money isnt an issue which means you dont have the money because your over budget then thats ok

the venice 3500+ is 2.2Ghz with 512 L2 cache

the 3700+ san diego is 2.2Ghz but with 1MB L2 cache

beefed up the L2 cache lol

how come no one caught this, the mobo is an AGP slot while the video card is pcie16?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128286

:laughing:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491

heres the mobo i recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom