7800 GT or 7800 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it from someone who owns the GTX..... buy the GT. The performance gain from GTX vs GT is virtually nothing if you are willing to OC a little bit. Even without OC you should be fine in your games with a GT.

Unless....... you are lookin at a 7800GTX 512. Then you would be a pimp if you bought it. I have a measly 256 :(

You should not be allowed to say measly and 7800 GTX in a single sentance! Luckily.... you didn't.

Flying-Squirrel said:
Take it from someone who owns the GTX..... buy the GT. The performance gain from GTX vs GT is virtually nothing if you are willing to OC a little bit. Even without OC you should be fine in your games with a GT.

Unless....... you are lookin at a 7800GTX 512. Then you would be a pimp if you bought it. I have a measly 256 :(
I would probably agree with this. If the GT would have been out when I bought my card I probably would have saved the money and gotten it. I am extremely please with the GTX though.

Cheers synergy we have exactly the same thoughts. I would have gotten the GT too if I had the choice back when I bought my parts but since I didn't.... I am very happy with what I have.

If you want to pay $170 (50%+) more for about a 17% increase in performance, go ahead. 7800GTX is only for slightly rich people who want nothing less than the best. For the rest of us, theres the 7800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom