Well I gave up and got different RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Well I gave up.

I had gotten the RAM in my sig and either both sticks were defective or my MOBO just didn't like it. I couldn't get it to post at all with either of them but it worked perfectly with my old Corsair ValueSelect crap ram and also works perfectly with an old crap 256 stick of Crucial ram.

So after that I researched it a bit more and found out that they were using some crappy part in the RAM that doesn't allow that great of overclocks anyway. That wasn't why my computer wouldn't start but I figure I want to OC the crap out of my system so that doesn't work well for me. It was a surprize, I expected more from the OCZ platinum line but apparently the ones I had gotten had great timings for people who don't OC and that was the reason it was included in the platinum line.

Anyway I decided to say scru it and go with some G.Skills RAM that PZERO spoke highly of :D You better not be wrong PZERO!! :p

I went with the 2GBZX stuff:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820231032

I didn't have quite enough cash to go for the 2GBHX

Let me know what you guys think of my purchase. :)

hmm prices seem to drop every week, i bought it for 220 ARG!!

what i tell you, G.Skill G.Skill G.SKill :) :) :D :D :D

Stupid NewEgg was going to charge me $35 for restocking the stupid Platinum ram that I had till I called and told em that I thought they were defective and not just an incompatibility. I don't see how a MOBO that advertises compatibility with a Ram that also advertises compatibility with that MOBO could be a compatibility issue.

I would slap them right upside the head if they tried pull that $35 charge on me when I am simply returning it to buy a different brand of ram from them lol.

PZEROFGH said:
hmm prices seem to drop every week, i bought it for 220 ARG!!

what i tell you, G.Skill G.Skill G.SKill :) :) :D :D :D

All I have to say there is :p

PZERO if you or anyone else has any tips for settings to run this ram at in my DFI UT nF4 Ultra-D MOBO please let me know. :D

well let us know if the different ram solved it. im looking for new ram as well. i dont think my mobo likes the ocz performance series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom