PSU went pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesey

Solid State Member
hi
i built my PC today, then switched it on and the PSU went bang, i think it was set on the wrong setting, on 115V instead of 230V, could this of caused it. It was running for about 5 seconds.

Is there anything i can do to get it working?

thanks

If you dont live in north america and you put it to 115v then you fried it. Hopefully it didnt damage the motherboard, the only thing you can do is get a new psu.

It should have been on 115V if your in the USA.

If your in Europe then it should have been on 230V.

I would RMA it. If it made a loud pop such as you say, I wouldn't try using it again.

Thats exactly what an RMA is.

Return to Manufactures address, they will replace it. YOu need to call their tech and request and RMA, they will tell you what to do.

Tell them when you turned it on, It made a loud bang. It never worked again.

Tell them nothing else!

NOTHING about the voltage selector in back and make sure when you get the new one that it is set correctly.

What power supply is it anyways?

Ste said:
Thats exactly what an RMA is.

Return to Manufactures address, they will replace it. YOu need to call their tech and request and RMA, they will tell you what to do.

It is actually Return Merchandise Authorisation :p

Just to add, flip it to the correct voltage before sending it, and pack it nicely.

Btw. most good PSU's either have protection for the wrong voltage being put in, or auto select, so may be worth investing in a better one. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom