specs for new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you definitely need grease because you're getting a high end processor. the heatsink might have a thermal pad on it, but i was told when i was building to wipe it off, and replace it with AS5.

AS5=Arctic Silver 5, a thermal grease that maximizes heat transfer from the cpu to the heatsink so that your processor doesn't over heat. it goes on top of your cpu in between that and the heatsink. its like $5 at newegg, and one syringe is more than enough for one build.

got everything, going to build soon.

now one question: was buying the gigabyte ga-k8n-sli a wise chioce?

thats my only question, because all i want is for it to be stable.

HELP!!! I started my newly built computer ( i dont have a xp disk yet) and turned it on, now i have these problems:

1.there is a temperature sensor a centimeter above the harddrive, if i leave the computer on for about 10 minutes, it gets to about 95 degrees F, is that too hot?

2. when i connect it, it says this:

pri. master disk : none
pri. slave disk : none
sec. master disk : cdrom
sec. slave disk : none

under that is:
memory controller NA
and a bunch of other stuff listed

i'm using a SATA drive by maxtor, i dont know if thats the problem though

then there is:

Nvidia boot agent
copyright (C) 2001-2004 nvidia corporation
copyright (C) 1997-2000 intel corporation
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-m0f: exiting nvidia boot agent
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

all of this is on the screen now while the hardddirve increases in hear, i dont know what it means but i tried booting from an old disk and it didnt work
PS: this is an AMD system

update: i installed the disk for the drive, it doesnt show up no matter what i do

whats it mean intel corporation???? this is a AMD!!!!

"media test failure, check cable" WHAT? the 7800 GT is fine!

well if the hdd is SATA it won't show up as a primary master. the thermal pad that comes stock with AMD coolers is effective enough on its own and should serve well unless you overclock (although AS5 is better). did you use the AS5 afterall or just stick to the thermal pad? wait until you try to install windows before you start worrying about the drive not showing up.

...ok, i can't install windows. It says (after i put in the disk and wait for it to laod) "Boot failure, please insert system disk and press ENTER." No matter what i do

so i can't do it for some reason, and yes i am using the thermal pad for now

i finnaly got it build and up and running (took a while) my first build....

i can run any game anyone throws at me now, and i scored a good 3256 on 3dmark06 (is that a good score?)

now i want to overclock it in a few weeks....

thanks for everyones help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom