How could a mobo be the best for some, and worst for others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so many choice's.Its really hard to just look at reveiw's.Id say start with your CPU and board and work out from there.Really price dictates.How fast do you want to go.Alot of times you want to avoid stuff that is just released cause of much higher mark up's.Hardware for computers loses value fast.

It really comes down to this :-
* Compatability. Does the motherboard support your current gear. If you are running an intel based system, most likely no as intel seems to change everything every 2 years.

* Does the motherboard do what you want it to do. My motherboard has IDE RAID it at I need the extra IDE Channels on my computer. Plus I want SATA for future proofing, plus I am constantly upgrading my computer in one way or another. I am currently kicking the GA-7VAXP-A Ultra .
My sister really could not care that much for IDE RAID as she has no use for it. And with the way she just spent most of her money on the CPU (Athlon 2800), she does not see here self upgrading until Athlon 64 FX come down in price. So she settled for the GA-7N400-L1

Always think carefully on motherboards. A lot of people thing that any cheap'n'nasty motherboard will do. This is fine if do don't plan to upgrade or that your computer needs do not change.

Spend good money on a good motherboard. It's worth it.

Alot of times you want to avoid stuff that is just released cause of much higher mark up's.Hardware for computers loses value fast.

True. I find that best time to buy is around chinese new year or end of financal year. This is when most of the new motherboard come into the market, and the DISTIES drop the prices to get rid of them.

well i think ur answering ur own question....motherboards do vary from person to person. Some ppl only need a celeron or a value computer...but if ur a gamer or an overclocker...then a P4 HT or AMD athlon64 and motherboard with BIOS that has a wide-variety of settings is best...if ur a gamer and have a celeron...dun blame ur mobo..it's the cpu...some mobo's just suck completely ie (440ex)...and some are just awesome...certain devices have their own problems with certain motherboards...it's also personal preference...BUT MAKE SURE YOUR mobo pick is carefully selected...you dun wanna regret it after. GOOD LUCK

exatcly. I need to choose the right mobo for the computer I am building, but I don't know which one. I read reviews and some say the mobo rocks, some say it sucks. How do I know if the mobo will rock or suck for me. I don't wanna be one of those who happened to suck, so HELP PLEASE!

pc_boy relax it is not a life or death situation. buy from a store that has a good return/ exchange policy, if you don't like it send it back. if you worry to much about picking the right parts you will end up having a huge brain tumor :freak:

What processor do u intend running ?? We'll suggest u the mobo..so u can finally stop breakink ur head ...

Alternatevely .. u can start a thread on choosing processors
(hey ...i'm jusy messin' man ...:D)

what parts are you planning on putting into it?
I have a friend just upgraded to an Athlon XP 2500, Geforcfe FX 5200, 256MB DDRRAM and a Gigabyte 7NN8X. I think this mobo is really good, it supports almost all his original parts - except for ram & video card - and he found overclocking really safe and easy, he overclocked his 2500 to a 3200 and with little temperature gain.
for Athlon XP I reccomend GA-7NNXP or Asus A7N8X
for Athlon 64: MSI K8T Neo or Asus K8V Deluxe
for P4: Asus P4P800 or Gigabyte GA-8IK1100

Well, here are the parts:

eVGA nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, 8X AGP,
Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce FX5200/250MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/400MHz
BUS: AGP 1X/2X/4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video Out)+DVI connector
Support 3D API: DirectX®9, OpenGL®1.4

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor

Corsair Value Select 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - OEM
Specification
Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 3
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit

Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 6Y080P0, OEM Drive Only
Buffer: 8MB
Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
Interface: IDE ULTRA ATA133

Try to stay under 80 bucks if you can. If you have more than one that you think will work, tell me about all.

Thanx a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom