Gainward 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate2020

Beta member
I not so recently bought a Gainward 6800GT video card off of a local retailer. The other night I was playing through a game which was pretty demanding graphically. I saw no problems while playing exept for my case being a little bit hot (I have a temp gauge on the outside of my case). After I get done playing demanding games my case usually cools down quite quickly, after the cool down I shut my computer off for the night then woke up that next morning and turned my pc on to find a sleeping monitor (everything on the inside of pc was running just how it always has mind you, nothing was dead as in not running. Even the 6800 was running like it always has, just no picture.). I thought maybe this was a driver issue so I tried serveral kinds including the factory drivers. I would have thought if I had a overheat on my video it would have shut itself down before any harm came too it. The weird thing is that I had no auto shut down, I shut my pc off myself and it was working fine. Anyone have any tips for me? Thanks a bunch.

well if theres anyway to get in your bios, try and turn off fast writes. this is an issue that happens sometimes with fast writes enabled. and just of curiosity how much did u pay for this gainward 6800gt at your local retailer?

Thanks for the advice but I had no luck with turning off fast write. Still the samething, the computer turns on with everything running but all I get is just a sleeping monitor and no picture.

OK well we proubly want to go ahead and flash your bios/cmos. ok unplug you computer, and then remove the side cover unplug the big fat main motherboard power connector. and then remove the battery from your computer, count to 30 and put the batt back in plug everything back up. and your done your computer will completly be reset,

Try that forsure, is your card overclocked at all? If after resetting the BIOS it still doesnt work then take out your video card look for any physical damage, if theres none then try it in another computer if you can, if not just clean it with canned air or something (blow on it if you have nothing) then reseat it and try. Failing that there are many things it could be, report back if you've tried that.

PS.

Drivers dont do anything until windows loads, its not a driver issue you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom