*.ISO Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
can someone tell me what a .ISO file extension is? I got a program from my friend and it is a .ISO file, I also DL'ed anothe one from the internet and that is too an ISO file. What the hell is an ISO file? What program do I need to open it? ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH I FEEL SO DUMB!

an ISO file is an image of a CD or DVD. most burning software can burn ISO images including Nero. don't burn as Data CD. that's all there is to it. if you wanna see what's in the ISO image, get WinISO and open the file there.

As subdivizion says its an image of a CD.

Think of it this way, a CD is a real thing that you can touch and play in a pc's cd drive isn't it?

An .iso file is a software CD.... it either needs mounting (ie inserting into a 'software drawer' of a 'virtual' cd drive.....like Daemon Tools) or putting (burning) onto a real cd.

The image itself contains a CDFS (cd file system) which is NOT readable by MS OSes, third party software must be used to read an .iso or the .iso should be BURNT onto a cd as an IMAGE (ie use 'Burn Image' option in Nero).

you can use daemon tools to create a virtual drive and mount the image. FYI we do not support warez, be careful what you ask. not a threat, just a heads up.

Warez? What are those? It's not a warez, he just knows about stuff and probably did something screwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom