vantec tornado MELT DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
lol ok today while playing some bf2, as my usual jett engine /vaccum cleaner noise, stopped! and i smell something. and if computers could rott and decompose. this is what it would smell like. i see smoke blowing out of my case door. and i swear my cpu is buring up!! lol but then i shut the pc off and my vantec tornado cpu fan. is a melted plastic flopp now! and this sucks because this means down clock, becasue i no longer have a super blower on my cpu lol i got some generic 28cfm fan on there. has this happend to anyone before?

well lol its not that bad, its your regular looking vantec and the back part where the motor is a little odd looking, lol i hope vantec will take this shet back. as it does have a life time warranty. yay! but this site wont let me post pics, i cant seem to make the quality bad enough or the reolution low enough for this site to accept pictures. i belive this site wont take no bigger than 52kb, and it will not accept a picture of 43kb? oh well. the fan actually still works incredible! but when i turn it on it proubly moves 35cfm and makes no noise, and if it runs for a little while the motor gets hotter and hotter and hotter, until it gets mushy plastic around the motor. and continues to smell like a racing rc car with a burned up speed controler lol.

wow, ive seen some cheap fans melt before, something to do with the wiring, but not any brand names like vantec. Yeah i cant wait to see some pics.

ok my fan is working! it screams! still smells weird but it does twerk! the fan doesnt even really look different so dont get your hopes up, but pics coming.

so wait, your vantec went from being a "melted plastic flopp" to "the fan doesnt even really look different".....? wait, are you a magician? don't tell me it's magic....

im not sure if you should still be using a melted fan, chances are, its gonna start to melt again and then it can get messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom